The subject of Anatomy introduces students to the study of structure and internal architecture of tissues and organs of the human body, and forms the basis for the study of medical sciences. The department has a well designed dissection hall and a well equipped histology laboratory. In addition, it has two fully furnished demonstration rooms with AV aids and a spacious research laboratory. A large and spacious museum has exhibits covering a wide range of dissected specimens, charts, bones, joints, models, X-rays and CT & MRI films.
1. Rajashekhar Y. Dundaraddy, G.M.Mahesh. Abnormal origin of cystic artery from gastroduodenal artery. Anatomica Karnataka 2011;3 (3): 25-7.
2. K.V.Omprakash, R. Muthusamy, B.Devanand, K. Nagaraja Puranik, R. Ramesh Kumar, M. Gurushanthaiah. Human Amniotic epithelial (HAE) cell grafts restore cell number in a rat model after trimethyle chloride (TMT) – Induced Lesion. Current Neurobiology July 2011; 2 ( 2): 107 – 112.
3. S. Lokanadham, Satheesh Naik K, V. Subhadra Devi. Thyroid gland isthmus agenesis in autopsied fetus-case study. Prime Research on Medicine 2012; 2 (1):69-71.
4. K.Satheesh Naik, S.Lokanadham,V.Subhadra Devi. Histogesis and developmental anatomy of human fetal liver in relation with gestational age. International Journal of Biological and Medical Research. 2012; 3 ( 3) :2221-2223.
5. S.Lokanadham, N.Khaleel, SatheeshNaik K, V.SubhadraDevi. Multiple morphological Variations of Fetal Thyroid Glands in South Indian population. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Bio Medical Sciences. 2012; 15 (15): 1-3.
6. K. Satheesh Naik, S. Lokanadham. Unusual Origion of Unilateral Arterial Trunk From Radial Artery – A Case Report. International Journal of Current Research and Review. February 2013; 5 (4): 82- 85.
7. K. Satheesh Naik, G.M. Mahesh, P.Sudharani. Complex Variation in the Formation of Superficial Palmar Arch. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Bio Medical Sciences. July 2013; 28: 698-701.
8. Dr.Pushpalatha K, Dr.Siraj Ahmed, Dr.N.M.Shamsundar,Dr.Najma Mobin. Unusual origin of Right Inferior Thyroid Artery: A case report. Anatomica Karnataka 2013: 53-55.
9. Gurushanthaiah. M, Satheesh Naik K, G.M. Mahesh, S. Lokanadham. A Study on Variation of Coeliac Trunk Branches in South Indian Population – Research Article. Jornal of Bomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences. July 2013; 2 (4) : 62 – 65.
10. Gurushanthaiah M, K Satheesh Naik, S. Lokanadham. VascularVariatios in Axillary artery – Acadaveric study. International Journal of Current Reaserch and Review August 2013; 5(16):31-34.
11. M.S. Rajeshwari, B.N. Roshan Kumar, Vijaykumar. An Anatomical Study on Dorsalis Pedis artery. International journal of Anatomy and Research sept 8 2013;1(2):88-92.
12. Dr.Siraj Ahmed, Dr.Aftab Begum. Arterial variation of Human suprarenal Gland: A case report. Journal of Biomedical and pharmaceutical Research 8 sept 2013;2(5):25-26.
13. Dr.Siraj Ahmed, Dr.Prabhu.M.H. Dr.Aftab Begum. Atherosclerosis of Aorta – An Autopsy Study. Journal of Biomedical and pharmaceutical Research 24 sept 2013;2(5):52-58.
14. M.S. Rajeshwari, Vijaykumar . S. Incomplete Formation of Posterior cord of Brachial Plexus: A case report. International Journal of Medical Research & Health Sciences 29 sept 2013;2(4):1000-1002.
15. Prabhu.M.H. Siraj Ahmed, Aftab Begum. Atherosclerosis of Coronary Artery – An Autopsy study. Global journal of Medical Research surgeries and cardiovascular system 2013;13(3):19-24.
16. Channabasanagouda, Patil Shrish, Vijaykumar Shinde, Jevoor PS, Madhumati Nidoni. A Study of Anatomical Variations of Median Nerve in Human Cadavers. International Journal of Biomedical research. 2013; 4 (12): 682 – 690.
17. K.Madhavi, R.Vallabhajosyula, B.Puttagunta, P.Sangam, K.Jyothi. Anthropometry studies of cephalic length, cephalic breadth & cephalic index of costal & Rayalaseema regions of Andhrapradesh. Asian Journal of Medical and Clinical Sciences 30 Dec 2013; 2(3):168-170.
18. Patil Shrish, Channabasanagouda, Madhumathi Nidoni Umesh Chodhary. Branching pattern of Brachial Artery. International journal of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences 7 jan 2014;4(5):15-22.
19. Dr.Siraj Ahmed, Dr.Aftab Begum, Prabhu.M.H. Atherosclerosis, segmental involvement and grading of Luminal narrowing of coronary artery: A Autopsy study. Annals of Health and Health sciences, Jan 2014;1(1): 34-40.
20. Patil S, Nidoni M, Mahesh GM. Daniel John Cunningham- A Multifaceted Person: Anatomist, Author, Anthropolgist, Academician and an Able Administrator. Ir J Med Sci (2014) 183:489-492 (DOI: 10.1007/s11845-014-1076-5)
21. Satheesh Naik K. Gurushanthaiah M, Sharmila T. Human Cadaveric Kidneys Morphometry – Research Article. International journal of Medical and Pharmaceutical science, July 2014; 4(11): 14 – 19.
22. K Satheesh Naik, K Madhavi, M Gurushanthaiah, G.M Mahesh. Development and Histogenesis of human foetal lung in relation with gestational age – Research Article International journal of Research in Medical sciences August 2014; 2(3):1117-1120.
23. Siraj Ahmed Shirbadgi, Sidramappa Gouda, Dr.G.M. Mahesh, H.C. Govinda raju, Aftab Begum. Plastination: Application in Forensic Medicine and Toxicology. South Indian Medico-Legal Association, Sept 2014;6(2):64-68.
24. Usha Kothandaraman, S.Lokanadham, K.Satheesh Naik, N.Rajesh Kumar.“Anomalies of Foetal Liver in South Indian population: Case Study” – Scholars Journal” Medical case Reports. 2015; 3(2):109-111.
25. Satheesh Naik K, Gurushanthaiah. M. ‘Different Gestational age related Histogenesis and developmental antomy of human fetal liver’ Journal of Bharath university Chennai, Selaiyur – accepted for publication
26. Choudhary U, Patil SS, Mahesh G.M., Singh AK. Accessory Belly of Flexor Digitorum Superficialis – Case Report of a Rare Variant. Int J Res Med Sci. 2015; 3(2): 488-491 (doi: 10.5455/2320-6012.ijrms20150220).
27. Sain S, Patil S, Vijaykumar S, Gurushanthaiah M, Mahesh GM. Dandy-Walker malformation with meningioma and lissencephaly: A rare case report. J Clin Exp Res 2015;3:180-182.
28. Satheesh Naik K, Vijay Kumar S, G.M. Mahesh, M Gurushanthaiah. Bilateral Variations in the Branching Pattern of Abdominal Aorta – A Case Report. Int J Health Sci Res. 2015; 5(8): 627-630.
29. Vijay Kumar S, Siraj Ahmed S. Study of variations in levels of sacral hiatus. Int J Anat Res 2016; 4(1):1882-1885.
30. Vascular Variations in Relation to Cysto-Hepatic Triangle. 2016. Int J of Res and Review. 3 (12): 33-35
31. Nagesh RG, Manjunath SM, Dharmaraj B, Patil S. A comparative study of the learning styles among 1st, 2nd and final year MBBS students. Int J Basic Clin Pharmacol 2016;5:2341-4
32. Shivashankara C, Nidoni M, Patil S, Shashikala KT. Odontogenic Myxoma; A Review- with Report of an Uncommon Case with Recurrence in the Mandible of a Teenage Male. The Saudi Dental Journal. Saudi Dent J. 2017;29(3):93-101.
33. Patil S, Manjunath SM, Nidoni M, NageshRaju. Utility of Web 2.0 Tools for Self-directed Learning among First year MBBS Students. National Journal of Clinical Anatomy. 2017;6(3):208-214.
34. Patil S, Anupama D, Nidoni M, Sidramappa Gouda. A Cross Sectional Morphometric Study of Thyroid Glands in Cadavers. International Journal of Anatomy Radiology and Surgery. 2017;6(4):AO 7-AO 11.
35. Patil S, Hanumantharaya GH, Desai SP, Nidoni M. Radiological biometric study of metatarsals and phalanges and its utility in reconstructive surgeries of the feet. JCDR. 2017;11(9):AC 05-AC09.
36. Aftab Begum, Siraj A. Shirbadgi. Incidence and clinico- anatomical relevance of pneumosinus dilatans frontalis using computed tomography and in south Indian skulls.Indian Journal of Clinical Anatomy and Physiology, April-June, 2018;5(2);202-204.
37. Siraj Ahmed Shirabadgi, Vijay Kumar Shinde. Study of variations in branching pattern of renal arteries. Indian journal of Anatomy; 7 (1); 2018: 88-90.
38. Afroze, Khizer & Hayat, S & Shirbadgi, Siraj. (2019). Branching Pattern of Brachial Artery with Accent to High up Division & Clinical Significance. Academia Anatomica International. 5. 10.21276/aanat.2019;5(2):55-8
39. Siraj Ahmed Shirbadgi, Aftab Begum. 2019. Dyselectrolytaemia in Middle Aged Type II Diabetes Mellitus – A Harbinger of Cardiac Function Abnormalities. International Journal of Physiology, 7(2), 159-163.
40. Siraj Ahmed Shirbadgi, Aftab Begum. 2019. The ECG Change in QRS Complex- A Tool for Evaluation of Heart Disease in Asymptomatic Type II Diabetics. International Journal of Physiology, 7(2), 145-149.
To achieve academic excellence through innovative teaching and quality research.
To provide Need based medical education, including the use of Information technology for the training of staff and students.
To achieve better results in the university examination
To have continuous assessment of both the students and staff to improve the quality of teaching.
Our Core Competencies:
Video recording and demonstration
Histology tissue processing
Ordinary and special staining techniques
Museum specimen preparation
Applied and Clincal anatomy
Research in Basic sciences
Comparative anatomy and evolution of man
For the undergraduate teaching and training, didactic lectures, dissection of cadavers and histology slide demonstartions are conducted. Periodical class tests and three internal assessment examinations, both in theory and practical, are conducted regularly. For the postgraduate teaching and training, periodical seminars, journal clubs and PG lectures are planned. Sufficient numbers of donated cadavers are available for every student.
The well trained and dedicated teaching faculty have adopted measures like small group teaching, viva-voce discussions, model based teaching and Problem Based Learning.
Integrated teaching is being carried out by both vertical and horizontal integration.
AV Aids– including live demo of dissection steps are used effectively and are followed by hands on participation by the students.
Museum specimens and mannequins are promoted as additional learning tool.
Meet Our Team
Dr. Maj (Retd) Patil Shrish
MBBS., MD., AFIH., ACME
Professor & HOD
Dr. Mahesh G.M
Dr. Siraj Ahmed Shirbadgi
Dr. Mahalakshmi Chitragar
Dr. Ashok Kumar J
BPT, M.Sc, Ph.D.,